Monday, May 25, 2009

Pizza Names

I love the local pizza parlor in Sonora, Mike's Pizza. Mike's makes a pizza called The Greek Goddess. This pizza is to die for. Creamy garlic sauce, pepperoni, peppercinis, artichoke hearts, green olives, and tomatoes. And it is always makes me chuckle when I order it to go, "Yes, I would like a small Greek Goddess for pick up."

My name is a bit complicated for people. Alliya. It's hard to say. It's hard to spell. So whenever I order anything I always use someone else's name for the order. The other day I went with two of my friends to order the Greek Goddess. The cashier asked my friend, Celeste, for an order name. Celeste did the exact same thing I always do, I look at who I'm with and use one of their names. Only today it was Celeste, Bissie, and Alliya. No repreive. They are all impossible names in the short order business. She looked momentarily flustered, and we all started to laugh. She turned back to the cashier and said, "Celeste."

"How do you spell that?"

3 comments:

ticknart said...

Who would be a small Greek Goddess?

Iris? Eileithyia?

Certainly Eris and Nike wouldn't think of themselves as small, but...

Bissie said...

my god was that ever funny. of course now I am craving the pizza. damn.

heels said...

I use my last name. It's easier than having them misspell and think that some man named Daniel should be picking up my pizza. I've had them give my pizza away to somebody else because of that before.